I’m half-way through breakfast.
It suddenly occurred to me that if you are struggling with your gluten-free diet, you might want to know what it is.
I favor whole grains for breakfast. They keep better than any kind of milled or processed food for a start. Choosing between quinoa flakes and whole quinoa for example, the flakes will oxidize and go rancid more quickly than the whole-grain quinoa. Not that quinoa flakes are bad (as long as they are fresh) – its just that the whole grain is even better and will keep longer.
My gluten-free breakfast consists of a mixture of the following whole grains:
Add a little salt, and three times the volume of water as the total volume of grains and you’re done. If you soak the mixture over night, cooking time will be faster (about half an hour) than not (about 45 minutes or maybe more). I use ½ cup of the grain mixture and one and 1½ cups of water.
List of Gluten-Free Breakfast Recipes
- Gluten Free Chana Pancakes
- Gluten Free Coconut Pineapple Fruit Shake
- Gluten Free Fortified Fruit Shake for Breakfast
- Gluten Free Blender Pancakes Recipe 1
- Gluten Free Flapjack Recipe
- Gluten-free, Egg-free Pancakes
- Whole Grain Breakfast
- Whole Grain Breakfast (how to make the above in a slow cooker)