These ones are based on bean flour, with a little rice flour to lighten them up a bit.
Gluten Free Flapjack Ingredients
1 Cup Chickpea flour (garbanzo flour)
1/3 Cup Brown rice flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 1/3 Cup water
1/8 Cup oil (olive oil or your favorite liquid cooking oil)
1/3 Cup pecan bits
- Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Add water and mix .
- Add oil and mix until smooth.
- Add pecan bits
- Pre-heat frying pan to about 5 on an electric stove.
- Pour batter on pan. Spread over cooking surface by lifting pan, tilting and rotating until you get a nice flapjack shape
- Leave on pan until batter cooked almost right through. Make sure there is still some runny batter on top
- Flip flapjack
- Cook until light brown on both sides.
You can take whole pecans and chop them, but if you buy pecan pieces, it’s cheaper. You can use any other type of chopped nuts, or not add any at all.
If the heat is too low, the pancakes will cook without browning. This is OK if you like them that way. If the heat is too high, they will burn.
Leave a comment and let me know what you think of these gluten free flapjacks.