Grape Allergy | Allergy

Grape Allergy

by Allergy Guy

Is it possible to have an allergy to grapes?

It is possible to have an allergy to just about anything, so the answer is yes.

There are several special problems about grapes worth noting:

  1. They are heavily sprayed with pesticides, making them the most toxic fruit you can buy.
  2. Grapes naturally grow yeast on their skin.
  3. Like any fruit, mold can grow on grapes.

Rather than a grape allergy, you may instead be allergic to pesticides, yeast or mold.

Grape Pesticides

According to the book “Diet for a Poisoned Planet“, grapes are sprayed with so many chemicals that they are extremely toxic. Unless they are organic, grapes are an example of unhealthy food.

The answer is to buy organic grapes.

Grapes and Yeast

If you have a yeast allergy, you must reduce grape consumption, or stop eating grapes altogether. Unless you are eating organic grapes, it is a good idea to cut them out of your diet anyhow, allergic or not.

Grapes and Mold

Mold can grow on grapes. If the grapes look to be in good shape, inspect where the stems join the fruit. This is one place that mold sometimes grows in otherwise healthy-looking grapes.

Grapes and Sulfites

Grape products can have sulfites added to them. This includes fresh grapes and various forms of processed grapes including juices, raisins etc.

Which Allergy Is It?

If you react to grapes, but not organic grapes, you are probably allergic to the pesticides. This may also indicate an allergy to sulfites.

If you only occasionally react to grapes, it could be a mold allergy. Check for mold and avoid it whenever you eat grapes. This may also indicate an allergy to sulfites.

If you have the patience to peal the grapes and eat only the inside, and this is OK, and assuming that eating organic grapes did not help, suspect a yeast allergy.

Grape Allergy and Wine

If you are allergic to grapes, the chances are you are allergic to wine also.

But what if it is not the grapes, but the other possibilities mentioned above?

Wine has more yeast in it than just eating grapes, so if you have a yeast allergy, wine is going to be a problem.

Mold can be a problem with wine. More research is required, and when I find the answers, I will write an article about it.

Organic wine is ideal, as this will reduce your pesticide intake.

Grape Allergy and Vinegar

Wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar are made from grapes and so should be avoided if you have a grape allergy.

Related Articles

External Links

(Visited 142,378 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Comment

{ 33 comments… read them below or add one }

Previous post:

Next post: