When I wrote the article about Foods that Contain Yeast, I forgot to mention fruit – over-ripe fruit to be exact.
I was reminded of this today when I ate some fruit that was very ripe. It tasted great, and it was very sweet. A while after eating it I didn’t feel so great, and that lasted for most of the day.
There are three possible reasons why I didn’t feel great:
- Yeast in the fruit
- Mold on the fruit (in advance of seeing any outward signs)
- Some other reason, unrelated to the fruit.
I don’t know which it was, and I guess I never will. If you are avoiding yeast or mould, do be careful of fruit that is so ripe, it is almost over-ripe.