This granola recipe is quick and easy to make, although the yield is small. While most granola recipes that I know of involve baking in the oven, this one is done entirely on the stove top.
- 1C rolled oats
- 1/3C chopped nuts
- 1/3C sesame seeds
- 1/3C sunflower seeds
- 1/3C shredded coconut
- 1/4C brown sugar
- 1/3tsp salt
Add ingredients successively to frying pan in the order listed below. The oats and nuts will end up being fried for about 20 minutes by the time you have completed the recipe.
Stir ingredients constantly. If they appear to brown very quickly and are about to burn, turn down the heat, and remove the frying pan from the stove for 20 to 60 seconds. If ingredients do not seem to be cooking, turn up the heat a little and extend the frying time.
- Preheat frying pan to a medium heat.
- Add oats and nuts to frying pan. Stir constantly for 5 minutes.
- Add sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and shredded coconut to frying pan. Stir constantly for 10 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and salt to frying pan. Stir constantly for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Take the pan off the stove and allow to cool. The granola is now ready to eat.
(Visited 5,003 times, 1 visits today)