A tasty combination of rice, cheese and spinach. Note that you can use dairy-free cheese.
Note: if the rice has been cooked ahead of time, this recipe is much easier and faster to prepare.
- 3/4 cups brown rice (i.e. 2 cups when cooked).
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (for dairy-free, use a cheese substitute, e.g. soy cheese)
- 1 lb (1/2 kg) fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp sesamee seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook the rice if not already cooked.
- Mix the cooked rice with the cheese.
- Beat the eggs.
- Mix the eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Combine the egg and rice mixtures.
- Add the spinach.
- Add entire mixture into an oiled casserole dish.
- Sprinkle sesemee seeds on top.
- Pour evenly the olive oil over top.
- Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes.
Serve with vegtable such as carrots, squash etc.